Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Taking kids to McDonald's

We were at the McDonald's playland yesterday and there was a guy there with his wife and kids and he said, "I don't think I have any pictures of my kids at McDonald's. I'm just trying to get some." He seemed really excited. I said, "Ya, whether we want to admit it or not, we all take our kids to McDonald's." I was thinking of how we went to McDonald's when we were in Turkey in 2001. It was so cool and so fun. It was in an old, old, old building and it was beautiful and familiar. I have been to others in I think Belgium--I think and in Puerto Rico and there is just something familiar and awkwardly comforting about being in a place that is so North American and such a reminder of home. I will post some pics of my kids there--probably the on in East Bay and I won't hide the fact--like this guy. He really was kinda proud. Love to have your comments...

1 comment:

Suzy said...

I'm not a huge McDonald's fan, but sometimes I get their sundaes for my girls!! Wish I could have gone there with you to let our kids play!!!!! :)