Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pulling out my knitting

O.K. I'm really trying to finish this sweater that I started to knit for Elena. Don't laugh. I just pulled out about 5 rows and I am trying not to give up. On Sunday night my circular needles broke and I took my knitting into Heinselman's (sp?) the next day and my cute friend fixed my knitting and sent me home with a new pair of needles. We had a nice conversation which included Anthony and how he went way too young and I told her what C.S. Lewis said about, "He ceased to meet us in particular places in order to meet us everywhere." She liked that so much, the cute lady wrote it down. She also loved Paolo and wanted to trade him for some yarn. I had to politely tell her, "Not a chance." Wish me luck on this project. Elena is climbing all over me.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Oh, that CS Lewis quote is so beautiful . . . it gave me goosebumps. I think he really does meet you everywhere. That's how I feel with my mom.

Good Luck on your knitting!! But PLEASE don't be hard on yourself. You are perfect! Whatever you do is perfect and in whatever timing. If you take long enough maybe the sweater can be for my next baby!! Just kidding!!