Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Last Friday night in Salt Lake






We had so much fun on Friday. My Mom told us they were doing tours of the Capitol Theater and then showing the silent film version of Phantom of the Opera. I realized that I would probably be able to do the tour somehow, but that the kids wouldn't sit through a silent film. We talked Addy into coming with us which was great!!! We picked up Addy at Skyler's Dad's house and then headed for the big city. We stopped at Sees Candy in Draper where we saw a Ferrari and a Mazarati (I think the Mazarati is my new favorite car). Then we went to Pirate O's to get a carrot cake (I went off my no sugar diet for a little while while Naui's parents were here. I'm getting back on track today!!!) The guy in Pirate O's was a little uptight when Lolo was on the floor and when Ollie wasn't listening to me when I told him we could share a drink and Ollie wanted his own. I can't wait till he has kids of his own!!! Then we went to the Hello Kitty store and just loitered at the mall for quite a while before my Mom showed up. We saw another Mazarati at the mall--dark purple!!!! Interior immaculate! The interior of my car looks like a tornado just hit. We picked up my Mom and went straight to the Capitol Theater. We found a great parking spot right across the street. I took Lolo and Nena while my Mom, Addy and Ollie went on the first tour. We ran into some street dancer/pedestrian interpretators which was cool. Then I came back to the Capitol and pawned my kids over to my Mom and Addy while I took the tour. It was so awesome!!! We went back stage and down below the stage. We saw the set of Madame Butterfly and all the dressing rooms and the lounge where the VIP's party during intermission. Wow. I had no idea what all was back there. We learned about George--the ghost. He threw a paper airplane at a security guard one night. I believe in ghosts although I have yet to see/feel one first hand. I loved the tour and seeing the walls with the autographs downstairs. The tour guide was so artsy and fun. It turned out that Ollie and grandma watched the whole film while we Addy and I took Lolo and Nena to the Cinnegrill for a lovely dinner. We rode the train and had so much fun. We brought some food to Ollie and grandma. On our way back to Provo we stopped at the spook alley at Ikea. It was a 3-D type of thing for small children. I was laughing so hard. I should have known by the sign NO REFUNDS that it was going to be a little cheesy and nothing like the Haunted Forest or Rocky Point. My Mom came too. We got done with that at 11:30 p.m. so needless to say the kids were a little tired!!!! What a great time we had!!!!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Those cars look AWESOME! I didn't know there were so many fancy people in Utah!

How wonderful that you got to have such a nice day and night and that your mom and Addy are sooooo helpful!!

I wish I could loiter at the Hello Kitty store with you!!