Sunday, October 26, 2008

Frightmares on Friday Night






We had such a jolly time at Lagoon Friday. We stopped at the cemetary and visited my dear brother's grave as the 24th marked the sixth year anniversary of his (as Pat would say) "metamorphosis." I miss him more now than ever. His spirit lives on. He left a tremendous legacy and I know he loves his nieces and nephews fiercely.

After we left the cemetary we doubled back and picked up my Mom who is always game for an adventure. We then went to Modern Display where the Halloween decorations are super expensive. Then we headed to Laura's where she outfited me with a red baret. We grabbed a couple of pizzas and caravaned up to Farmington. The first thing we saw was a hot pink hurse (cadillac). It was all decked out--see pic. There were tons of jack-o-lanterns and monsters walking around. We took the kids to the cutest spook alley where they were able to trick-or-treat. We also went to a more big person spook alley. We covered Lolo's head with a blanket and he fell asleep and Nena buried her head in my Mom's bossom. Addy and I went on Collosus (sp?). It was a riot and absolutely no lines. Ollie and Noah went on a lot of kids rides together. Elena figured out how to work the planes finally--after going on the ride three times. Great times were had by all.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Oh Edie, I can't believe it's been 6 years! I'm sure you must miss him more than ever. I'm glad you got to visit his grave. How wonderful to know you WILL see him again and be reunited.

Tomorrow is "Dia de los Muertos." I'm going to build a little altar dedicated to my mom. I bought some marigolds, papel picado, and sugar skulls. I'm going to put some pictures on it and some of her favorite things. You could make one too!

Sounds like you guys had a blast at Lagoon! How fun that your mom is always up for an adventure!! What a blessing that she is so vibrant and healthy.