Sunday, October 26, 2008

Arts Night at Farrer Elementary on Thursday






We had an arts night at Ollie's school on Thursday night and my Mom and Dad came down to demonstrate their art. They were a real hit. My Dad worked on a study of a picture he took up in Brighton canyon. I will post a picture of the study in a later blog. It's so amazing. It reminds me a little bit of Yellowstone. Needless to say, Ollie got in good with his principal, Mr. Dowdle. Bonnie Callis was awesome. She had a lot of hands on activities like collages, sculpting, watercolor, drawing, sketching, etc. I was so impressed with how she coordinated everything. My Mom's art project included a handprint of Lolo's and her creativity of keeping Nena and Lolo alive while I was helping with the collages and making sure Ollie was getting around to all of the tables. It was a magical night complete with apples, grapes, cheese and crackers--lovely music and wonderful talent. Thanks Dad, Mom, Bonnie and everyone else there. At the end of the night I was commenting on a sculpture and I said, "I like how it reaches upward like an eternal flame." This girl overheard me and said, "That is the name of the piece." Doo doo doo doo--twilight zone.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

WOW!! Sounds like such a fun night!! What a huge blessing that both of your parents are so talented, capable and helpful!! Wish I could have been there with you guys. How lucky is Ollie to have you and your parents to love and support him. Isn't life such a sweet experience? Especially if you're creating art. Say hi to your wonderful parents for me!