Sunday, April 6, 2008

Making Progress on Lolo's Sweater thanks to Laura




The sweater saga continues. My Mom and Laura were down here on Friday helping me with the sweater. Laura helped me figure out the sleeve thing and then I realized I had a lot more knitting to do. Laura said my needles were so little and in retrospect she would have never recommended this project to me. I think I'm getting on her nerves. My Mom knit for a while and was saying maybe because of the way she knits I would have to knit the back of the stitch. I was like, "Huh?" I tried to do the knitting homework Laura gave me for Friday night, but I couldn't seem to get it done. On Saturday, I realized that maybe my kids had been gnawing on the yarn or cutting it 'cause I found a lot of broken pieces of yarn. It turns out that the moths got to it and I was trying to blame it on my kids. After all, I've had the yarn for like three years. Laura said she knew it was the moths all along and that we should store all of our wool stuff in a freezer!!! Ah, the joys of knitting. Anyway, here are some photos...

2 comments:

Suzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzy said...

Suzy said...
Oh Edie!! Darn those moths!! I hope you can still finish this beautiful sweater--I wish I knew how to knit. A friend of mine is trying to teach me. I know your sweater will come out beautiful. Everything you do does!

( I had to delete my earlier comment because I left out a word!)