Sunday, November 9, 2008

lolo's first birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






We had such a great day today! We woke up and made two cakes--both of them didn't work out. You will see in the pictures--the first one bubbled up and made a mess in the oven and the second one didn't get done in the middle. It was supposed to be a ball cake for the ball birthday party, but it ended up looking like something else--oh well--I always think of that scene in The Hours when Julianne Moore bakes the cake for her husband and it doesn't work out so she throws it away and makes another one. Anyway, we went up to my Mom's for church. Laura had Addy and Ollie and so we all met at Grandma's after church and had a delicious meal of meat loaf, potatoes, salad, baked apples and rolls. My Mom made a drop dead delicious oatmeal cake. She is the master and I don't know why I even attempted a cake. We played with balls at the park and the basketball court and helped Addy get ready for tryouts for Timpview High Basketball tomorrow. I know he'll make it. Laura, Trent and the boys were so fun and I'm so glad they came to the party. Yes, I know my fly is down in one of the photos. Happy 1st Birthday Lolo. I think he had fun and he loved the balls and blowing out the candle on his cake.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Precious!! He looks fantastic in his red sweater! You did such a great job!