Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Resevoir Park in Salt Lake

I feel guilty for talking about Resevoir Park when 12,000 people have died in Myanmar (sp?) (Burma) and 18,000 are still missing, but anyway, here goes...
When I was little and living in Salt Lake, I remember my Mom walking us down to Resevoir Park to play. We would have fun collecting the old bottle caps and looking at the hippies (what were left from the good old sixties). Then we would walk home and stop at either 7 Eleven or The Hungry Guy for some tacos. These are such vivid and glorious memories I have of living in a great part of Salt Lake and my dear Mom who had the guts and the know how to raise 6 kids. Happy Mother's Day Mom!!! I love you so much!!! I hope I can create fun memories for my kids too. We have been trying to go to parks a lot--rumor has it that we as humans don't spend enough time outside any more. We are losing that tendency to "get outdoors!" That is really a shame. I love being outside and heaven knows my kids love to be outdoors!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

I love your memories of Resevoir park!! Let's go get some tacos from the hungry guy!!