Monday, September 13, 2010

Maddie's having a baby!

On Friday night we had a shower for Maddie with her friends and co-workers in attendance. Geovy made a delicious soup of locro. I made the pesto dip and the Bill Farley's chocolate. Ollie helped me to make the wax diapers that you fill with mints--a throwback to the time when my Mom was having her babies. Geovy filled little boxes with peanuts and I made some little lavender bouquets. It was such a fun shower. Meg, Lucy, Sorena and Kristi made it!!!! I was so thrilled! Some of Maddie's old college friends came and a lot of the people she knows through working at UVU came. My Mom made her some lovely quilts for all three of her kids and then we tied a quilt for her that I pieced together. We played Beatles music including "Hey Jude!" She is naming her baby Jude. We missed Laura--she was attending a photography show that Trent put together. I'm so happy that Maddie is having a baby. She has wanted this for a long time!

3 comments:

ediezambrano said...

Maddie's baby is so cute and he is growing like a weed!

Maddie said...

Thank you Edie!! It was a wonderful shower and Jude is a wonderful baby!!!

Maddie said...

Such a great night celebrating such a great event!!!